Wednesday 18 October 2017

Colours of The Wind

I honestly don't think I will ever tire of Autumn. I just love it. The smells, the incredible colours and textures, kicking up leaves with the kids ( and getting paid for the pleasure- I really do have THE best job in the world as a childminder!), the cosy nights and candles and not to mention the comfort food. Seriously- what's not to love?! I will never understand those that don't like it. My love for the season has become more than just about the things I mention though. It holds the most painful time in my life in it's grasp as I lost my Dad one glorious Autumn day seven years ago, yet somehow,weirdly,  that doesn't detract from the way I feel about it, instead it enhances it, as every day it reminds me of him and the larger than life, colourful character he was, and for that I offer it my gratitude always. 

Tonight I felt like celebrating all things Autumnal and created this card. The background was made with Ranger Alcohol Inks, which I went on to stamp over in Versafine ink and heat emboss with copper powder using my Colours of the Wind stamp set from Visible Image. I think the set is now retired but if you've not heard f them check out their other stamps as they are so different!


Challenges: 





1 comment:

  1. Autumn is my favourite time of year too and all the beautiful coloured patterned leaves-brilliant Autumn card and colours-love the leaves and embossing
    carol x

    ReplyDelete